Black oxide is a black conversion coating of steel or stainless steel. This coating provides aesthetic appeal, but cannot be used for corrosion protection. There are no alterations to dimensions when this finish is applied.
Benefits of Black Oxide:
- Steel or Stainless Steel parts only
- Provides aesthetic appeal
- Not used for corrosion protection
- Steel parts (not stainless steel) can be processed by rack or barrel
- AMS 2485
- There is no color variance for Black Oxide.
- There is no thickness variance for Black Oxide.